Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jitters

The Pennsylvania 600k starts on Saturday.  Walking the dog this morning, my legs feel weak in anticipation. 600K, 375 miles, 40 hours. The numbers are too big. I did a 600k once before. But it was flat - it was not Pennsylvania. Think good thoughts. Breathe. Cool morning air. Put one foot in front of the other. The dog wags her tail and smiles. My legs feel weak. Perhaps I will ride to work - see if I still know how. Or maybe I should take the day off and rest up. I should have slept longer. The Pennsylvania 600k starts on Saturday.

11 comments:

  1. Bonne Route!! You're made of iron, you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great ride and totally successful ... I look forward to your report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one interesting lesson I've learned is that the 200k on day 2 is actually a pretty nice ride; it just seems awful after 400k on day 1.

    Have a great ride. I will also look forward to your report.
    ...Roy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your ride report for the PA400k. You executed that brevet with superb patience and discipline. Bring those same attributes to the 600k and you'll be fine. Remember: the antidote to anxiety is action. Get rolling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. The pent up energy of preparation often manifests itself in jitters just before an event. I just need to get rolling.

      Delete
  5. You've progressed nicely over the past two seasons, Nigel and you're riding strongly. Keep to your plan and enjoy the journey. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to Purple Burley's comment. Believe that your preparation will come through for you. Bonne Route.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PB&J,

      I am looking forward to the ride and charging the camera battery!
      Hope to ride with the three of you soon. Perhaps the NJ night ride?

      Delete