Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Writings for Randos - Bicycles


{Friday Writings for Randos - A weekly post that features pieces from other writers that touch some facet of the Randonneuring experience, even if that was not the author's intent. It's stuff that's best read out loud - slowly.} This week it's . . . 

 Bicycles

by Nikki Giovanni

Midnight poems are bicycles
Taking us on safer journeys
Than jets
Quicker journeys
Than walking
But never as beautiful
A journey
As my back
Touching you under the quilt

Midnight poems
Sing a sweet song
Saying everything
Is all right



Everything
Is
Here for us
I reach out
To catch the laughter

The dog thinks
I need a kiss

Bicycles move
With the flow
Of the earth

Like a cloud
So quiet
In the October sky
Like licking ice cream from a cone
Like knowing you
Will always
Be there

All day long I wait
For the sunset

The first star
The moon rise

I move to a midnight
Poem called
You propping
Against
The dangers

1 comment: